Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently recognise and respond to a wide range of emergency situations that require first aid in a remote area. It is suitable for school camp leaders, remote workers or anyone who likes to adventure off the beaten track.
- Guidelines and considerations
- Planning and preparation
- Patient care in remote or isolated situations
- Basic Life Support
- CPR / AED
- Shock Management
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- Cardiac Emergency
- Bleeding & Wounds
- Burns & Scalds
- Extremes of Heat & Cold
- Bites & Stings
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Altered states of Consciousness
- Prolonged care of a patient
- Environmental impacts and considerations
- Rescue and transporting considerations
- Setting up an evacuation area
- Moving and lifting considerations
- Emergency communications
This course incorporates the following Unit/s of Competency:
- HLTAID001 - Provide CPR
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID005 - Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
Course duration is a 2 day face-to-face delivery of approximately 6 - 8 hours per day.
This course certification is valid for 3 years requiring an annual CPR refresher.
$250.00 per person. Group discounts may apply.