Provide Advanced First Aid
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to provide advanced first aid, life support and manage a casualty until the arrival of medical assistance. Generally, anyone completing Apply Advanced First Aid would have already successfully completed Provide First Aid - HLTAID003.
- Assess and Manage an Emergency Situations and Casualties
- Trauma Management
- Apply Life Support Skills (in accordance with Resuscitation Council Guidelines)
- Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Administering Medication
- Managing Bleeding and Wounds
- Procedures for Managing Multiple Injuries and Multiple Casualties
- Procedures of Infection Control
This course incorporates the following Unit/s of Competency:
- HLTAID006 - Provide Advanced First Aid
Course duration is approximately 2 days.
This course certification is valid for 3 years with a CPR refresher required annually.
Available upon request as course can be tailored to suit your needs - approximately $350.00 per participant